Monday, January 29, 2018 / by Sean Zanganeh
In honor of this fun-loving holiday, we're sharing some tips to help you and your home as you embrace the luck of the Irish!
Top 10 Lucky Do's & Dont's in the Selling of Your Home
- DO wear green or risk being pinched.
- DO make sure your home is clean for potential buyers using scent-free, "green" cleaning solutions, but do not feel that you need to repaint or redecorate your home for the holiday.
- DO stage your home to make it appealing for your buyer (no Leprechaun tricks, please).
- DO NOT leave a pot of gold abandoned in a closet or the front entry of your home.
- DO mow your lawn and perform landscaping before your home is toured. While shamrocks and four-leaf clovers can be lucky, an unkept lawn will likely not be seen as fortunate.
- DO NOT ask your real estate professional to sing or dance a jig. It won't get your home sold any faster unless you live in Ireland, like this real estate agent, and even then it's questionable.
- DO eat corned beef & cabbage, if family tradition dictates.
- DO NOT prepare corned beef & cabbage in your home if potential buyers will be stopping by. Home scents are very powerful and while your traditional fare may be delicious, others may find the aroma makes them feel a little green.
- DO offer snacks and refreshments if hosting an open house on St. Patrick's Day.
- DO NOT suggest green beer as the beverage of choice no matter how much you want to sell your home.